Monday, October 21, 2013

our motto.




My house: A toy hurricane has hit, the devastation is widespread.
This girl: A dancin' machine.

Let me be real: a lot of things are usually in total disarray 'round these parts. Our motto is,

"Yeah, but that baby though"

(based on this ridiculous vine video you may need to watch it a few times to fully appreciate the genius)







At the end of the day, I really do not care if there are dirty dishes, dust bunnies, unmade beds... Because God has given us this sweet gift, who is totally thriving! And what I want is to never miss a dance party opportunity and more "giggle-till-you-poot" moments.

Fo' real... YOLO. (I can't believe I just typed that.... oh well)


I read in my quiet time today about the importance of surrendering everything to God, even when we feel like we have nothing to give. (See 1 Kings 17:8-16)

For me, it's hours in the day; there are never enough. For the past several weeks I have been hoarding them, and stingy with my time with God. What a terrible idea.

When I do surrender my time to God, things that are important are in focus. And then, joy and peace are easily found.

I am working on this. And this silly little mantra helps remind me to surrender to Him and to focus on Him and the things that matter the most.

1 comment:

Leslie Young said...

Yeah, but that baby though!

(also, giggle-til-you-poot kinda got me!)

Love you and your beautiful mess!

Mom