Thursday, March 21, 2013

making the most.

Texas weather has been unbelievable this week. We've been out almost every day. Early Spring always reminds me why my heart loves the south so very much.



The Avett Brothers say it perfectly (of course they do):
"the sweetest surrender of winter, she put up a flag, it is waving, the thunder of summer is rumbling in"
 (A Father's First Spring)



So we make the most. We make the most, and I realize: we have so much. 



We are surrounded by encouragers, inspirers, challengers. 
Most of all, we are surrounded by people that love us. It's overwhelming.


1 John says, "No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us." (4:12)
I understand this in a whole new way as a mama.  
I know these two love Joe and me. But then I see them love my child and I know, that is perfection. 






And I am thankful. 

Now, do yourself a favor and listen to the Avett Brothers song, mkay?




3 comments:

Leslie Young said...

Sweetness. Oh, and I have been homesick for you since we met...

Hannah Crain said...

I love the handys! It's true! Also the owl burp cloth pictured above is still at hannie's along with sunnies and car seat mirror! Come back soon vanny!

Emily B said...

So sweet:)