Monday, November 1, 2010

something I learned about God from my dog....

Let me just say, I was NEVER going to be "one of those people."

You know the ones that are always talking about their pets... well I am.
And it's because my dog really is the best in the world. Period.


I mean, come on... look at that face.

Anyway, sadly, sometimes we have to leave Remy in her kennel while we do less important things, things like work and go to school and grocery shop. But when we return and let her out she goes on a rampage! She is so excited to see us. She jumps and licks and her tail is just a little blonde blur.

Always.

She never slowly walks out of her kennel, yawns, and then lays down on the floor to take a nap. She never looks at us with eyes that say, "I can't believe you guys, I'm never fetching for you or licking your face again!"

She is always happy and on the verge of peeing on the carpet when we get come home.
Today I walked outside for about 5 seconds and when I came back in - same thing. She was ecstatic! Blurry tail and all! I was gone for 5 seconds.

I think it's the same with God. He is so happy when we come back to him - back "home"
He never condemns for whatever "less important" things we were off doing, he just welcomes us, and celebrates our return. (See Romans 8:1 and Luke 15:11-32)

And I don't think the celebration is proportionate to our sins like we might think. I think He is just as excited and eager to celebrate with us if we overcome something huge and have this big turning point as He is when we get out of a little "rut" or decide to trust Him with something we hadn't before.

This is particularly encouraging to me at this point in my life. It feels hard to trust in transition, but then I think of my cute little puppy and imagine God saying, "Just come home, we'll have a party."

1 comment:

Leslie Young said...

SWEET! Love this.
And you.
And Remy.
Oh, and especially Jesus!
Mom
P.S. Love the blog design too!