Saturday, August 15, 2009

button bracelets...

Friday afternoon I embarked on a journey to the town of Crowville to retrieve 9 of our youth girls and bring them to my 787 square foot apartment for the night.... I had tons of activities planned, decorated my house, and was super excited... but I was also very nervous... As it turned out there was nothing for me to be nervous about! These girls were SO MUCH FUN!
I consider myself to have a fair amount of knowledge about girls and the way they interact with each other considering I've been one for my whole life, but I have to say that these girls are different... in the best way! They enjoy being around each other, they are not clique-y in the least, they like to serve each other, and I really believe they all genuinely care about one another. They encouraged me. I am confident they will continue to encourage me. I love them so much and feel so thankful that have been given the chance to get to know all of them!





4 comments:

Kasey said...

I'm sad I missed this fun time! Looks like you did a great job planning things, Jess! You're an awesome minister's wife! :)

Leslie Young said...

Yay, you're blogging again!!! This looked like SO much fun! I'm so happy that you have these sweet girls and they have you! Love you!

Jessica Williamson said...

i know they absolutely loved you :) the swartz girls wonder where jess young handy is sometimes.. haha... but i have to remind them that you are blessing some other young girl's lives :) keep doing what you are doing.. love you much!

Bec said...

fun times! :) I love button bracelets.
and you. a lot.