Monday, September 1, 2008

teamwork

Today Gustav came. My family still had a good bit of corn left in the field that was ready to pick, so we ran late last night and started early this morning. Our friends the Carroll's and Moroni's came to help us today and we got a lot of it picked before getting rained out. I know that today many people were worried about their homes and families, so I say this cautiously, but today was cool to me. It was cool to see so many folks willing to help us, and everyone pulling together. I'm praying for all my south Louisiana friends and I hope that they will be able to see something cool and good come from the storm like I have.

on a much lighter note: this is what your hair looks like after running around outside in a hurricane

and I don't mind being stuck inside sometimes... especially when little bear is home!
I'm so happy that God is in control and not me. He's good all the time.

2 comments:

bec said...

hehe.. looks like there WAS some fun in the midst of the corn-cutting frenzy!
you two are cute!

: )

Jessica Williamson said...

i love the hurricane hair :)