Thursday, September 25, 2008

Straw paper is more important than you think...


This past weekend I spent a wonderful couple of days with some cool friends and my family in BR. On saturday a bunch of kids from the BCM went out to do some hurricane relief work. Jenn, Hannah and I went to help clean up some sticks with these two men (we called them Brian and Joe in 50 years). They were so fun, and so strong in the Lord... and they were by no means young bucks, but they sure could run a chain saw!!  oh, and I made a sweet new friend named Marty!! 

Sunday I went to a Jazz brunch (fancy huh?!) with my lovely grandparents, Mikey, and Bec. Then Sunday night we went to eat at P.F. Changs... it was GREAT.... if you don't mind a semi-creepy dude coming by every 10 minutes or so to pick up your straw paper... and nothing else.... It was one of the strangest things I've ever seen..... He really did walk by 3 times and just pick up straw paper... not empty sugar packets, not used dishes... He was a one type of trash man... but I do need to say, he did a good job. After the second time he came by we found another straw and purposefully put the paper in the middle of the table and sure enough, he came and got that thing!! There was much laughter... My dad says he feels like a bandit when we all get to spend time together... I do too... We love each other... I am gushing and I'll stop now... I mean it though. 

I also got some really really great news this morning... I not sure I can talk about it here.... but just let me say that the Lord is so faithful... He never fails us.... NEVER! 

2 comments:

Leslie Young said...

Sweet post, sweet girl! Would you believe I already forgot about straw paper guy? And I was laughing SO hard I was crying that night! Fun times!
Love you!
Mom

becbecbec said...

Wow- I was just blog stalking/not doing homework, and when I saw the headline for your latest post, it made my night 100 times better. hehe.. thanks Jess.
I miss you/love you.