Wednesday, June 4, 2008

a little tidbit...

I was reading in Ephesians tonight, and in chapter 1 verse 23, the last part of it is talking about the Lord and says,

"Him who fills everything in every way."

This rings so true for me these past few weeks. I have such a peace here.. and I can't figure that out. The only explanation: the One who fills everything in every way. He fills me. Comfort, strength, courage, wisdom, peace... NONE of which I possess on my own.
It's the strangest thing to be so far away from everything you love and know, but God is still closer to me than I am to myself.. He's good. He's better than that... He's better than I deserve.

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe."
Ephesians 1:18-19a

3 comments:

Christin said...

oh and thanks for the tidbit!

Leslie Young said...

What a blessing you are to me. (Well, to the world, really.) I'm blessed to have you as my daughter. You make motherhood a joy and delight! I love you!

bec said...

Aw jess, I love that. Thank you so much.
love you.