Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Laughter...

We had a lot of it today...
It was our last day with the mobile clinic and we were there from 7-3. It was our longest day, but really fun.... We got done around 11 or 12 but the dentist had more patients, so there was a lot of sitting and talking and joking, and not that I could understand any of it, but when other people laugh, I laugh too... regardless of language.

Then I had a kind of surreal moment on the way home...
I'm in Central America, sitting in this beast of an 'ambulance', white knuckles on the seat in front of me because of the crazy, but trustworthy, man with a sideways straw hat on, who just referred to himself as Jack Sparrow... Jon Foreman, Anberlin, and Backstreet Boys playing on my iPod... sitting beside a hott lady dentist and across from snotty/sometimes grateful/money-taker lady, Rosalee, and Jess, who has been such an amazing friend through all of this... all the while only a second away from a mild heart attack, and in complete awe of the amazing scenery around me God crafted with his own hands... plus there are about 50 bananas in the seat beside me...

How can I not praise the Lord? He has brought me to the strangest places and situations and given me this peace that is absolutely inexplicable, and shown me so much and taught me so much and loved me so much... My descriptions will never do these past weeks justice, I can't say that enough, and I can't say enough about Him... I just can't.

It's weird that I will be home in 4 days... I have been so happy during my time here and I'm excited about the next four days... but I love me some Wisner/Monroe Louisiana, and I'll be positively jubilant to be home.









"Laugh at yourself, but don't ever aim your doubt at yourself. Be bold. When you embark for strange places, don't leave any of yourself safely on shore. Have the nerve to go into unexplored territory." --Alan Alda

3 comments:

bec said...

AW, Jess. I am so ready to see you. I am glad you had a fun last day at the clinic. You and Jess have a FUN rest of the week.

love you and praying still!

Christin said...

so glad your last day at the mobil clinic was so full of laughter! i love laughter...it's so good for the soul! ;)

praying for your last few days there! i know the Lord will continue to use you until your last second there, and possibly in between destinations! :)

Leslie Young said...

"...plus there are about 50 bananas in the seat beside me..."

That's the part that made me giggle!

I'm so glad you're continuing to have such a positive experience, but I cannot lie: I'm ecstatic that you'll soon be home!

I love you so much!