Tuesday, June 10, 2008

just a few things...

Today we would have normally been with the Mobile Clinic, but they didn't go today, so we went back to Hermon, my favorite place! I got to give two more shots today, bringing me to a grand total of 5 so far! It's still a little scary each time I do it, but I'm sure that will get better! We came home and took a nap, then I got to talk to my sweet friend Hannah for a good while, I miss home and friends a lot. I sure am thankful for Jess!
Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure...

This is Jess, Thelma, and I at the clinic today during some down time. She is the sweetest Lady! I love her so much!


The following are some things I do to remind me of home...
Number 1- make the gopher face like Hannah


Number 2- wear a t-shirt that belongs to my friend Rebecca

Thursday we leave for Copan, for a little getaway! Copan is where the Mayan ruins are, so we'll be visiting them and a water park this weekend, and I will be out of blogging range but I promise to update as soon as I get back!

I read this verse last night, not for the first time, but it really struck me, God's word is so alive!

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4

I like that it did not say a quiet person, in that case I'm doomed... but instead a quiet, gentle spirit. It's something I think the Lord is teaching me to have, and I like it. Sometimes I feel like my spirit is absolutely screaming! But it's when I'm quiet that I feel closest to the Lord, and am able to hear him clearly. God is so good.

6 comments:

Hannah B said...

heehee for the gopher face! (just when i almost forgot about it) i really enjoyed our informative/fun talk today! i am praying for your work in the next 11 days! if i ever need a nurse i would only want one my sweet nurse friends!

Christin said...

Congrats on the grand total of 5 shots! you are a shot giving machine little miss! hehe!

Copan sounds like a blast...I'm glad yall are getting to go. I know my jessica always talked about wanting to go. I can't wait to hear how it goes & pics!

...praying ;)

Leslie Young said...

Amen on the quiet spirit part! (Of course, I also fall short on that a lot!) I too enjoyed the gopher tribute to sweet Hannah, and I recognized Bec's Saturday shirt! Hope to talk to you soon! Oh, and Mark Moroni said 'hi' and is still wondering why you don't answer your cell phone! Silly boy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, Sorry haven't written before, but I have been keeping up with your blog. I am just so darn proud of you. It makes me happy to see your (and Jess') smiling faces and bright spirits. You are two brave girls, who I know the folks there will long remember.
Can't wait to see you in person (Canada is only a couple of weeks away.) What a world traveler you are becoming.
Aunt Karen

Susan Williams said...

Well.... I for one am glad you're going to get a little R&R this weekend. Have fun!

bec said...

I am honored to be in your post.
I love you! Keep up the good work, you shot giver!