Thursday, June 5, 2008

in the stillness...

Today was another slow-ish day... I think pretty much every day is, but I can't say that I would have it any other way. We had maybe 6 patients today at the community clinic, and we were there from 8-1... When Jess and I were talking about it, we decided just how much we really do like our little slow schedule. We have somewhere to be every morning, and we're tired at night, but not exhausted and there is just nothing like that! God is so gracious. We've had so much time to just talk, good talk, and read and rest. It is a good thing.
All that said... sometimes we do get bored... a good bored though... a bored that makes for fun pictures and videos... here are some of our pictures from today and a video is coming soon!

The self-timer... a boredom killer every time!! But our jumping pictures were basically a failure... we really could have used you Bec (and not just for the pictures... because we love you too!)!


another failure... fun though!


random objects from the examination room...

here are some others from Tuesday that I thought were blog-worthy...


This is one I took on our adventure home from the mobile clinic Tuesday.. Made me think of summers with my Dad, he would always show me the rain in the distance and I just remember thinking it was the coolest thing!


The road and bridge we actually crossed...


I love this girl so so much, and am so thankful for her!

Despite the slow days, it has been a fast week, and I only have two more... I want to be a good soaker of time and experience.
I love all of you blog readers so!

5 comments:

Christin said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your slow days as much as your quick ones...I can really learn from you girls! Thanks for all of your hard work there and continuing to keep us posted!

miss you & love you! praying for your day tomorrow!

Hannah B said...

I was gonna tell you that I noticed in your videos that yall seem to be serving with such great hearts! And with a relaxed/slow-paced/peaceful attitude as opposed to the crazy-fast-paced life back here in American life/college life. I don't know if described that well, but I think you know what I mean. A good boring as you described too. I just sensed that when I watched yall's cutie informative videos and meant to tell you! I'm so proud of you & Jess!!! What amazing friends we have Christin! :) Can't wait to see everyone again! Love you muchly!

Leslie Young said...

Soak it all in, sweetie! And avoid rickety bridges if possible! I love you and I'm praying for you!

bec said...

hehe- I would have loved to take your picture, but I have to agree. Self timer is the invention of the century that can cause much entertainment! hehehe.

I love yalls pictures! I am so glad you are keeping us updated verbally with the blog, but also visually, with the pics and videos.

Ok, so I think this last one of you and Jess is my favorite of yall two so far. You are two beautiful girls inside and out!

I love you, Jess! And I am so glad I got to visit with you last night. Praying!!!

: )

Anonymous said...

that is such a great picture of you and jessica at the bottom! i miss yall and honduras! i love yall!
-rachel :)
ps: i just remembered about your blog tonight so i have been reading them all since you first arrived in honduras. i love the updates!