Sunday, June 1, 2008

for me, it's the small things...

I got another little blessing just too good not to tell about! After a week of cold showers every day, today I got a hot one! Osmany's friend came to install the warm water feature. I'm not exactly sure how it works... but the lights in the bathroom get dim when you turn it on... So after having mastered the 2 minute shower, I stayed in for at least 10 minutes today.. I used conditioner on my hair and EVERYTHING!! If you've never been forced to take a cold shower, I'm not expecting you to understand why this is such a big deal, you'll just have to believe me when I say....

2 words

.PHE . - . NOMENAL.

4 comments:

Leslie Young said...

Conditioner??? Get OUT!!! So much for roughing it for Jesus, huh? Just kidding -- I'm extremely happy you got a hot shower. And that you have the grace (and perspective) to be thankful for it. Your Dad just said he's really glad you're there - having a life-altering look at another part of our world! We love you and we miss you! (And we'll be really, really glad when you're back in OUR part of our world!)
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and hopefully this will get posted! I am having trouble leaving a comment. Cold showers are not good especially when the suntan lotion just beads up and o well. Looking forward to seeing you at Bible Study and a tart nite..........LOL (ask your mom!)

Susan Williams said...

A warm shower in dim lighting.... it sounds just like a spa! HA!

The Videos on facebook are awesome! Too funny!

bec said...

When we went to Mexico I took cold showers everyday. It wasn't until the last day we were there that I realized it was because I had turned the wrong faucet. Everyone else had warm showers. hehehe...

I love you, Jess!!!