Monday, June 9, 2008

for just a minute...

allow me to brag on my super cool friends and boyfriend...
A team from our BCM just got back from a two and a half week mission trip to Malawi Africa! I've already heard some amazing stories and I know that God used those kids in a really big way with the people of Malawi... here are a few of the pictures...
p.s. don't forget to leave me a comment on the previous post, if you haven't already : )

the whole team






and this would be Parker and Joe doing a tribal dance... I would have killed to see this!!

Kasey, my beautiful roomie and a sweet little girl named Chimwemwe, which means happiness...








I realize this has now turned into a really long post about Africa, I'm just so darn proud of these people I can't help it! (Photo credit to the Facebook albums of: Joe Handy, Tiffany DeLaCerda, Kasey Kessler, and Daniel Binkley)

and now about me...
Today was a great day at the clinic! I got to give 2 more shots! We also had some good conversation with Thelma, the nurse, and when I say we, I mean Jess talked to her and I tried to make out a few of the words along the way. It really is amazing, though, how much you can learn to understand. It's also cool how the language of respect and love is universal. I know that sounds kind of corny, but it is true... and I can't really explain that.

I'm missing my family and friends and Joe more and more each day, and my heart longs for them, but I know that God is sustaining me and I need to still be here, to keep learning, and keep being obedient, keep trusting. God is an amazing comforter, that I cannot explain either... All I know is I am at peace... and what a feeling it is...

My heart is fixed where true joys are to be found, through Jesus Christ

7 comments:

bec said...

I am so excited seeing what the Lord did in Malawi, too. What an amazing team that served in Africa!

I am glad you had a good day! I love you. I don't really have a beard. sorry.

I love you.

bec said...

I am so excited seeing what the Lord did in Malawi, too. What an amazing team that served in Africa!

I am glad you had a good day! I love you. I don't really have a beard. sorry.

I love you.

Leslie Young said...

I've also been enjoying trying to catch up with the great folks who just returned from Malawi and I'm so enjoying all the pictures! I've 'facebooked' with Kasey, Kelli & Joe and can't wait to see them in person! Glad you had a good day. We REALLY missed you at Operation Sweet Corn. Right after I got off the phone with you, I walked out and your dad said, "Well, we're looking at it!" :)
Love you, Mom

Christin said...

i LOVE all of their pics! we have amazing friends!

well, 2 more shots sounds so awesome! my prayers from this morning have been answered...more skills/opportunites = shots, relatioinships to grow = Thelma, language barrier especially for you = understanding, comfort & encouragement = lots of comments today! praise God...He is so amazing!

Kari said...

ok missy so Christin is over here at my apt. and we have been watching the videos..hilarious!! BUT I must say that I am wayyy jealous of your new found nursing knowledge that I dont have!!! we have to start on an even playing field missy if we are to be partners in this nursing school thing! SO..I have decided that I am to have Christin catch me up on all the stuff that you know KNOW so that I will look just as cool starting nursing school! (you can't be the only impressive student!)..and that video of the worship service outside of the house...quite funny! yall should ask Osmany and Jennifer what they are saying and report back! Still no nursing letter by the way..but I will tell ya when they come! i know you are having fun and can't wait to hear the stories! love ya! Kari

Susan Williams said...

2 more shots... impressive!

I've had such a good time looking at everyone's pics on facebook.

I've got a BCM advisory board meeting Thursday... can't wait to hear the reports in person.

I think it's high time you take a tube of blood! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Jess, I have a video of the dance party in Malawi! Joe and Parker danced multiple times!! I wouldn't have wanted you to miss it for anything!! :) Praying for you two!! Love, Chipmunk!