Sunday, June 1, 2008

ahhh...

What a relaxing weekend! Yesterday and today we basically just chilled all day! It has been great! The Lord also answered a prayer in a huge way, I can't really elaborate, just know that God is good!
This past week I've been reading a book of Jess' called 'Passion and Purity' by Elisabeth Elliot. It's about relationships and really insightful. My favorite part so far was a prayer she quotes from 'The Book of Common Prayer' (a catholic thing I think maybe...). Anyway I just loved it so much I copied it into my journal and have been praying it each day and I wanted to share it:

Almighty God, you alone can bring into order the unruly
wills and affections of sinners: Grant your people grace to
love what you command and desire what you promise;
that, among the swift and varied changes of the world, our
hearts may surely there be fixed where true joys are to be
found; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns
with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.
Amen.

4 comments:

Jessica Williamson said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying Passion and Purity! I have also enjoyed this last week with you so much! Thanks for being a great friend! I love you so much sweet Jess!

Christin said...

hey Jess!

I'm so glad you were able to have such a relaxing weekend! You are reading one of my favorite books ;)

the Book of Common Prayer is based from the Church of England and other churches in the Anglican communion; i looked it up because i wanted to know ;)

I'm so glad you are there with Jessica! I know you are not only a huge Blessing to her this summer, but also to the Hernandez's & the people of Honduras!

I'm praying for your upcoming week! ;)

Leslie Young said...

amen.

Sandy McClary said...

your comments leave me speechless with pride
AND....this is my first blogging experience, oh what, students have taught me