Saturday, June 16, 2007

yea! an update after much motherly nagging (love you mom!!)

So... two weeks down! And what an absolutely amazing second week! God is good and really big.
I spent this past monday-friday in a place called Shelter Cove. It is a beautiful little community right on the pacific Ocean... this is the view from the balcony off of my room...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and we spent some time on the Shelter Cove Beach... pictured below

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So yesterday I moved into Redway, and got an opportunity to go to Whitmore Grove... BIG REDWOOD TREES!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wes, on the left, is the summer missionary from last year, who came back this year on his own because he loved it so much, and Chris is my partner this year... this is us at the grove...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So, the past week has been pretty laid back, but God used the stillness and the beauty of His creations to really show me that no matter what I do, He is in total control, and He is way bigger and better than me... and I'm really happy about that... I am pretty blessed to serve such an AMAZING Lord!

and I have an address now!!

Jessica Young
1890 Cliff Ave.
McKinleyville, CA 95519

5 comments:

Leslie Young said...

Yay! Motherly nagging works 'cross country!
Who knew? (I mean, I hoped, but I didn't know!)
Thanks for the update! Love you, miss you, praying for you!
Mom

ChristinAnne said...

beautiful pics jess! im so glad to hear how great everything is going! praying for you often! ;)

Jessica Williamson said...

so great to see the pics my friend and it was such a pleasure talking with you today! praying for you!

Kelli said...

hey girl! Im glad your havin a good time :) the pix are gorgeous I love you & im prayin for you!

Dorothy Young said...

Dear Jessica, this is my first time to try to comment, and sure enough this machine wanted lots of information. Just tell your friends your grandmother came over on the Mayflower. We love you, miss you, pray for you. Daddy Ray and I are very proud of you. Joe and Carol came to see us Wed night.
She is fine! Love, Dorothy Young