Friday, June 1, 2007

my new motto...

So, we (all the BCM summer missionaries) got these boxes toward the end of last semester and people wrote little notes on them for us to save and read one every few days once we were on the field, and being the curious girl that I am, it was quite a challenge not reading them and I have to confess that I broke down and read one, I just couldn't take it. Boy am I glad I did. I am not sure who wrote it but the message simply said, "Live the summer by Colossians 4:2-5" Immediately I opened my Bible and it said...

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity."

So I think it was a "God thing" that I read this particular note and it will indeed be how I strive to live everyday this summer and for the rest of my life.*

2 comments:

Jessica Williamson said...

haha.. well at least you only read 1! dude i definately read all of mine beforhand...:) but i am still reading them while i am here! by the way.. thank you for your encouraging note! you are a precious sister! i love you much and i am pumped about tomorrow! cannot wait to hear about all of the good things the Lord has done!

Leslie Young said...

so...five days with no cell phone??? yikes!
i'm praying for five days of encouragement, inspiration and revelation as you get ready to follow God into the rest of your summer!
i love you, love you!
mom