Wednesday, June 6, 2007

here i am...

So... here I am at Jenness Park, California, way up on a mountain... no cell phone service... wireless internet though praise the Lord. This week is just orientation so no super cool stories to tell just yet, but I am surrounded by the Lord's beautiful work and by His people. There are about 35 of us here and these and some of the neatest and honestly, strangest, kids I've ever met! Everyone is so in love with God, and everyone has such inspiring testimonies. It has been a busy week full of seminars and such but I has been so blessed by everyone I've met here. I leave here on Friday for Mckinleyville, which is about a 7 hour drive... from Sacramento, which is about a 3 hour drive from Jenness, where I am not... So please pray for safe travel and for God to be preparing the hearts of the kids and youth we will get to minister to next week. I am not sure yet what exactly we will be doing but I should know by Friday. Thanks for all the prayers that got me here!

7 comments:

Hannah B said...

i send you much love. i am very very excited for you. i know that this will be an amazzzing challenge for your summer but you got a HUGE fantastic SUPER indescrible God that will lead & direct & provide. Just be obedient like you already have by going!!! :)

Jessica Williamson said...

oh my sweet jess! so glad that you are there and safe... i am so proud of you for being obediant! have you met your partner yet? please keep us posted! i am praying for you..

Christina-Heather said...

I am glad that I get to spend this part of my experience/summer with you. I don't know what I would have done without you...probably froze. You are such an amazing girl and I know that you are going to have an amazing summer.

Leslie Young said...

so we're talking a 10-hour drive? wow! you're going to see a lot of the great state of california. and some good quality time with fellow travelers! and that's when you find out what you're doing? sounds exciting!
i'm praying for you and love you very much!
mom

Susan Williams said...

Hey Jess,

I can't wait to read about all your adventures!

Know that your Sunday School class is praying for you!

ChristinAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChristinAnne said...

i cant wait to hear all about your summer in cali! im so proud of you and all of my summer missionary friends! thank you for your obediance this summer to His calling. ill be praying for you and your ministry there. have a great day jess! muah!